I saw these “Candy” coins on the Martha Stewart site. I immediately thought of putting together a College Student Survival kit. It’s graduation season. A gift of little needed items would be MUCH appreciated by most students. In addition to these coins there are lots of little gifts you could add to a basket of goodies.
- FOOD ITEMS A MUST! Granola bars, crackers, instant oatmeal (I like the Oat Revolution brand because you use the actual package to measure the water), hot chocolate, single serving soups and meals like mac and cheese.
- Late night study or sleep aids such as ear plugs, 5 hour energy (I personally hate all these kind of things but this one is better than the typical energy drinks), Book light, caffeine gum.
- Class supplies… who doesn’t need more pencils, pens, notebooks etc. Those little mini-post it notes are so handy to have on hand. I use these to highlight important pages I will need to continue to refer to in our homeschooling.
- Disposable camera
- Gift cards for dept stores and restaraunts.
- Bath and Body supplies: toothpaste, lip balm, toothbrush, shampoo, conditioner, shower cap (weird I know.. but useful), an extra package of socks. How about some vitamin C and garlic tablets? I like those little packets of Emergen-C or even AirBorne to help boost the immune system. And don’t forget MINTS and GUM. If you choose to give xylitol gum it would also help their dental health as well.
I am sure you can come up with many more ideas. Feel free to add them into the comments section.